- Customers Also Purchased
Set of two dog ear support forms made out of special foam. Dog ear support forms are like adding a thin layer of cartilage to help support soft ears on dogs that naturally should have an erect ear set. These ergonomically designed dog ear support forms help promote proper shape and growth.
These dog ear support forms are approximately 4 in long and molded into the shape of erect dog ears. They are not ridgid, they are soft and flexible to help prevent injury. Ear props can be attached to the ear via medical adhesive like Skin Bond Latex Adhesive: OSTO-BOND SKIN BONDING CEMENT, 4 OZ. CAN W/BRUSH or medical tape (both of which are available online or from a pharmacy).
Tips for Fitting
Since every dog ear is unique, there is technically no right or wrong way to place them in your dogs' ear. The best way is whichever way fits your dogs' ear...
- First do a dry fit. Just place them against the inside of your dogs' ear and see where you may need to adjust them.
- The curve should follow the natural curve of the dogs' ear. They do not need to cover the entire ear, nor are they intended to. They just need to cover the section where the "fold" is.
- The L and R are marked but inconsequential. However they fit your dog is best and they are easily cut to fit.
- If you need to trim them, then you can simply trim the top, bottom and/or sides with a pair of scissors.
- Make sure the dog's ears are clean and dry. Apply the glue to the inside of the ear and the back of the support and then press them together.
- There is no set application time. Just like your dog, each case is unique and subject to variables like age, environment, diet and of course, genetics.
- Keep the ear clean and dry. Try and prevent scratching. If the dog is in a crate, make sure the crate is tall enough so that it is not bending the ear unnaturally.
Other Helpful Tips
Provide your dog with something safe and age appropriate to chew. Chewing is supposed to help strengthen the muscles in the face which is believed to help the ears stand. Add supplements to your dogs's diet that help support the structural integrity of joints and connective tissues like Joint Protect Performance Complete.